Slip and Fall accidents come in many different forms, one example being a slip and fall accident on Public Property, which in circumstances where it is not your fault, may entitle you to make a Public Liability Claim.

The person or company owning and/or responsible for maintaining the public area should have public liability insurance cover to compensate members of the public injury that incurs whilst on public property caused by their negligence. As a result a personal injury claim of this nature, for compensation, would be made against that insurance policy.

Types of Public Liability Claims

Injuries caused by dangerous footpaths, potholes, slip falls in supermarkets, shopping centres, car parks, injuries caused by sharp objects and litter and rubbish bags creating tripping hazards in walking areas.

It you have suffered an injury after being involved in an accident in a public place, contact us now where we can advise you,  if you are entitled to make a public liability compensation claim.

What do I do if I suffer a slip and fall accident in a public place?

  • You should report the accident to the staff member or owner at the time, make a note of your accident in the accident book if possible, take names and addresses of witnesses to the accident and if possible take photographs of the area where the accident took place.
  • If you are intending to claim expenses such as loss of personal earnings, or medical expenses you need to keep receipts

In Ireland the time limits applicable to public liability claims are extremely prohibitive, so if you have any concerns in this area, it is important that you act immediately.

If you have any concerns or queries in relation to the issues raised above then you should contact us :

  • Call us in Sligo at 071-9162211
  • Email us
  • Complete our personal injury claim form and get the process started straight away!